Earlier in 2016, it was unveiled that a new mobile-first, cloud-first road map and vision for SharePoint, which involved innovations which empower teams, people, and businesses to intelligently share, discover, as well as collaborate on content from any place and on all devices. Recently, there was an announcement of the arrival of modern SharePoint lists over SharePoint Online, alongside a 1-click integration of Microsoft Flow and PowerApps. Those enhancements are going to start to roll out to customers of Office 365 First Release the 1st week of August 2016.
What is new in modern SharePoint lists?
Modern lists offer a powerful method for individuals to collaborate upon structured data right from their team website in order to assist teams in organizing content—like investment account on boarding information, field service requests or softball team tee-shirt sizes. More than 10 million custom lists already are being used across Office 365.
Now, a modern list experience is being delivered which looks fantastic and is responsive, easy to use and is accessible on all devices. This modern SharePoint list experience is going to automatically be obtainable to every existing classic SharePoint Online list.
With modern lists, SharePoint developers can:
1. Improvement of ease-of-use by empowering a user to add columns to the lists, as well we group, filter and sort information in place.
2. Elevate information quality by editing and viewing all item data within the panel all without having to leave the list.
3. Productivity improvement by bulk editing listing items using Quick Edit.
4. Automate simplistic processes with approvals, alerts, and versions.
5. Enrich static details with rich data types, which include images, people, as well as metadata tags.